In an effort to reduce your student costs, I am writing new labs because the lab kit I was using now costs $228! I am also interested in teaching very similiar labs in the classroom and online lab sections.
In this lab course, we will work to attain these learning outcomes:
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Experience the scientific method by examining current and/or classical research.
- Compare the structural and functional differences between animal and plant cells and their organelles.
- Describe how organisms assimilate and process energy.
- Investigate the biochemical pathways common to all living organisms.
- Recognize the differences between DNA and RNA.
- Explain the steps of cell reproduction.
- Interpret patterns of inheritance.
- Discover how cellular reproduction and patterns of inheritance give rise to biological diversity.
- Classify organisms according to their life histories.
- Discuss the nature of microorganisms.
- Categorize the plant kingdom according to its phylogeny.
- Categorize the animal kingdom according to its phylogeny.
- Investigate human biological processes.